Since the beginning of Obamacare, there are now a mere 8.5% of people in the United States that don’t have healthcare. But it won’t be like that for long. According to a report done by Rand Corp., 24.9 million American’s will not have health insurance in 2018. The analysis done by Rand only takes a look at the proposals that the candidates themselves have released.
- Trump’s plan will allow 20.3 million people to go without healthcare if he keeps his word about repealing Obamacare
- Make all healthcare insurance premiums tax deductible
- Trump’s plan is going to increase the federal deficit by $5.8 billion
- The deficit will be increased with a tax deduction, but will be offset by Medicaid being turned into a fixed grant
- Require price transparency from all health care providers so that people can shop for the best prices for medical services.
- Clinton’s plans will have about 9.1 million without healthcare.
- This amount will be lower because she is offering a tax credit to help pay for premiums and any out of pocket costs
- Clinton’s plan will cause the deficit to get up to 88.5 billion (from the tax credit)
- Strengthen ability of states to modify or block premium rate hikes.
- Invest $500 million annually in an enrollment campaign.
- Double funding over 10 years for primary care services at community health centers.
Both Trump and Hilary have claimed to have issues with these finding s by Rand Corp. Trumps campaign stated that 20 million people will not lose their healthcare and that the study made estimates around a plan that does not exist.
Hilary’s campaign chimed in saying that the costs of her plans were overinflated and that other estimates that have been done by other organizations show a much lower number.
What Plan is Better for your Business?
Both Trump and Hilary have completely different views on healthcare. To put it simply, Trump wants to repeal the ACA and Clinton plans to keep it.
Before you start to dive into which plan is going to affect your business the most, is your business financially secure? Whatever way this goes, your healthcare contribution for your employees will change. It is important to make sure that your business has the adequate amount of funds to cover any arising expenses for your medical business. Let PRN Funding provide your medical business with the funds it needs to start off 2017 on the right foot.